Friday, August 27, 2010

ROAD TO ANGEL HOUSE

The picture below is looking southeast from the Angel House, what a sight.
I just happened one day to be going to Angel House when neighbors were pushing their livestock
My apologies for quality here. The 3 boys are plowing and I took this on the run. I don't like to intrude on normal lives as they are just doing what they normally do. Clear to the left is the boy handling the blow that you can barely see. The two other boys are working the cattle who are pulling the plow.
This is one of the neighbors and I think it was his boys plowing. The field in front of his home is crop ground.
This hut and grainary are towards the beginning of the dirt road to Angel House.


THE ROAD TO ANGEL HOUSE


Angel House is about 2-3 miles off the main highway. I thought I would give you a feel for going there. From Tarime, you travel west to a major north-south highway.



You turn left and go about a three quarters of a mile. You then turn off the main highway.


The pictures I’m attaching tell the story better than I can. After you start down the road, you see a hut on your right. Beside it is a small hut where they would store grain or seeds. A little farther down the road is a cluster of huts where a farmer and family lives. I happened to be going down the road one day when the kids were plowing the field.


There are a couple of Y’s in the road, one is marked, the other one you just follow the most used road and then you arrive at the orphanage. I’ve included a shot of the countryside behind the orphanage.


Mark




No comments:

Post a Comment