Monday, April 11, 2011

Coming home

Just wanted to let you all know that we're headed home soon. We will be back in Iowa May 15th. We'll meet up our kids and brother, rest up a few days, and then set up house at our little place by lake Rathbun.

We will be leaving Tarime May 1st, but figured since we were already here on this side of the world, we would go ahead and celebrate our 35th anniversary with a cruise. We'll be leaving Barcelona, Spain for a 7 night cruise, hitting Monaco, and places in Italy, including Rome, and then over to Tunisa before heading home through Nairobi.

I usually would also share some more photos with you all, but two things are going on. The regular internet is down again, and there is no dial tone on the phone. Last time that happened some of the phone line for our area was stolen. Meaning it could be fixed quickly, or like last time, a few weeks. Also, my computer I use for photos and most of the email and blogging is acting up and keeps shutting down. It has all the photos on it and so I can't share them with you at this time. I am typing this on our small notebook/internet computer that is connected by a USB stick, and boy is the connection slow. It has a very small keyboard and is not much fun for me to type on, so hopefully the internet will come back and my computer starts working.

Pam is off to Mwanza with Edward to have his tonsils out. I don't expect her home before Thursday and depending on how things go, maybe later. Also, she decided to take Rhobi with her. That's the girl with the leg bone problem (see earlier blog)). Her leg is bothering her and is somewhat swollen so Pam thought she would go ahead and see if she couldn't get a doctor to see her.

I'm here at the house waiting for wood to be delivered. I have 6 bunkbeds to build before I leave so need to get at that project. Keep Pam and the kids in your prayers. TIA Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment