Thursday, April 7, 2011

Successful days!

Shante, shante, shante sana, (Thank you, thank you, thank you very much) Maxwell Methodist Church for sponsoring George Wilson! (Gotta love that name not African sounding at all!) We still have a couple of hoops to jump threw. Anna, our supervisor, will be talking to the doctor (my connection to George) on April 15 to find out exactly where George Wilson is from. George is actually from Bohemba but it is a village that is very spread out and big. Anna will take another Angel House member with her and talk to the neighbors to find out if his story is indeed true. It seems in the past people have lied to try to get children into Angle House because the children are educated and fed there. I promise to send a picture as soon as I can. Unfortunately my contact to George is a doctor who is now out of town for a funeral, so I can't get a picture to you this time.
I just want everyone to know how grateful I am for George to have this opportunity! Usually the girls get sponsor ship before the boys. I think it because girls have less opportunity here in this male driven society (plus they are so cute you can't resist them). So, thank you again for giving George the opportunity to grow in a healthy, educated, loving and nurturing environment. When George came to visit Angel House he said, "This is a good place, a place that I want to live!". He was very hopeful about his future for the first time in a long time!

I have other news of success too. Derrick who has had diarrhea sense I have been here and not growing, and Edward who has had tonsillitis sense I have been here, were seen at the government teaching hospital in Mwanza (4 hours away) on Tuesday and Derrick is being treated correctly now and Edward is going to have his very rotten tonsils out on April 13. So prayers that Derrick's treatment works and that the surgery goes well. A very special thank you to the person who sponsored $250 for the tonsillectomy. I think they will probably take adenoids with the tonsils because he snores so LOUDLY. Edward is currently the second in his class so he has worked very hard at school this year even though he has not felt well and has been getting huge shots of penicillin. I am very proud of him. I do not feel bad that he will miss a couple weeks of school because I know he can make up the work and be successful.
God is good all the time. All the time God is good!
TIA Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment