Monday, September 6, 2010

Hi everyone,

Last night we were talking about the Africian names. I found out that the first boy is named either Mwita or Chacha. Then his last name is his fathers first name. So my Sean would be Sean Mark No! wait a minute his name is Michael Sean so it would be Michael Mark (no Travis , or family name would be used) Girls have something similar because there are a LOT of girls with the first name of Bokhi (B long 'o' key) Then some of them have Christian names like Joseph, Michael, Mary or Grace. Often times they go by the Christian name because it is a name they choose themselves and things are less confusing when everyone does not have the same name. So long story short: We have sisters, Bokhi about 7 and Nosi about 5 (who reminds us of our grand child Lydia). Yesterday I found out that the girls were abandoned on the street and the police brought them to Angel House. They had no last name. The person running Angel House at time was Fred. So the girls took on his first name as their last name. They were not old enough to help find the parents. I'm guessing one and two years went they were abandon or possibly 2 and 3 years old. Now their name is Bokhi Frede and Nosi Frede. I think they added the "e" to make it sound more Africian. (?)


I had a really nice suprise today. I went to the post office and descovered 3 birthday cards for me. Thanks sooooo much Kathye, Jane and Beth! You made my day! It made it here in about 3 weeks amazing! I was told not to expect it to be that fast all the time. You ladies are great! Ok here's the next prayer request that Mark finally gets his dri ver license Tuesday. It's been a long hall getting there. The orphanage needs help with getting the construction workers out there and back every day. They work 11 hour days. Most people work about a 66 hour week. We, of course don't, work THAT hard.


One other thing about Tanzania is that to save money on gas the motorcycles turn off the motor when going down a hill, there is no sidewalk, you walk on the edge of the road. The motorcycles come very close without us hearing them. Sometimes my heart is in my throat! You just have to be aware ALL the time. The road is very narrow in places too.


Hope eveyone had a nice 3 day week end. (Whatever that is)

Till next time, This Is Africia, Pam



No comments:

Post a Comment